EFI Ink QA inspector in Foshan, China
Ink QA inspector
Location China - Foshan
Tracking # 5055
# of Openings 1
WE are Self-starters , WE are Passionate , WE are Relationship builders , WE are Innovative , We are Nimble , and WE are Transparent …WE are SPRINTers ! We believe in challenging you, then providing you the room and flexibility to deliver.
EFI is looking for an Inks & Inkjet products QA Inspector to join our Inkjet Solutions Business Unit in China, Foshan office.
Reporting to Sr Business Mgr Inkjet-APAC and QA Director.
Inks & Inkjet Product QA Inspector is in charge of assuring and controlling the quality of the inks, according to the standards specified. Quality responsible must assure and overview that all processes are followed correctly, documenting and controlling these.
Moreover, this position will also cover other quality tasks such as RMA´s management, quality control of other inkjet products, and give support to solve quality issues of different inkjet products and processes.
KPI´s and correct traceability system need to be implemented, to correct and improve processes.
Traveling disposal is necessary
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct agreed inspections for ink raw materials, and finished goods.
- Maintain incoming inspection ink material history records.
- Ensure calibration and maintenance is performed on quality control equipment for inks.
- Investigate production part, process problems and document findings for inks.
- Initiate Non-Conformance reports (Discrepant Material Reports) as required.
- Perform accurate physical and visual inspection of raw materials, equipment, and finished goods as per Inspection Plans and Specification Requirements.
- Collaboration with other departments such as supply chain, inks team, service. Onsite visits and wide collaboration with EFI Agents-partners is also needed.
- Ensure the correct introduction of new inks in the market, implementing a quality assurance plan for the products.
- Work with other company personnel to resolve inspection questions. Communicate with Ink Development and Ink Manufacturing teams to ensure inspection criteria are in compliance with the final product.
- Conduct various tests and quality checks on finished products. Insure that all products have been tested and fall within standards, measured to specifications and within tolerances, readability of labels, etc.
- Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations.
- Some other QA activities such as RMA´s management, printer checks controls, and support on quality issues need to be undertaken.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by his/her manager.
- This position will be based in the Foshan office and spending 60% of his/her time at suppliers’ facilities, agents’ facilities or possible visits to customer.
- Ability to travel back and forth would be required.
- The applicant must have good communication skills, both oral and written in English and Chinese.
- Capable of communicating quality and ink engineering criteria/issues to all levels of factory employees, buyers, and suppliers.
- Verify that all operations have been completely performed and accepted, including acceptance testing.
- Experience using problem analysis tools such as 8D, Ishikawa diagram, 5 Whys analysis tool, SCAR follow up.
- Prior experience as an inspector or Quality Control engineer is desirable.
- Experience using ink quality control equipment, viscometer, particle size analyzer, tensiometer, etc.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Competent in the use of SAP and Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, and Word).
- High school graduate to college and above
- Ceramic process knowledge is desirable.
We move quickly, with the purposeful intention of solving a problem, accomplishing a goal, and ultimately making a difference for our customers, partners, colleagues and shareholders, EFI SPRINTers take action and adapt to changes in order to transform our customers businesses to be more productive and profitable through innovation in a digital print business.