EFI Sr. Systems Engineer - ECS in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Sr. Systems Engineer - ECS
Tracking #: 4652
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
WE are Self-starters , WE are Passionate , WE are Relationship builders , WE are Innovative , WE are Nimble , and WE are Transparent …WE are SPRINTers ! We believe in challenging you, then providing you the room and flexibility to deliver.
EFI is looking for a Sr. Systems Engineer - ECS to join our Cloud Services team in our Pittsburgh, PA office.
In this position you will be responsible for some of the most important tasks in EFI’s Cloud Services team. This will involve handling of escalated issues in the customer facing, revenue generating environment, deployment of software into QA and production environments, and self-directed projects in a number of areas.
The position handles vital operations for live, customer-facing, revenue-generating systems.
The day to day duties include creation and management of servers and databases, automation of processes, troubleshooting software releases in controlled QA environments and live production as required.
The ideal candidate would be a good team player, with good communication skills, a passion for documentation, and be willing to follow and develop processes and procedures.
EFI believes in training the right individuals, we provide training to individuals based on individual’s career goals and business requirements.
- The L3 Systems Administrator will monitor, troubleshoot servers, network devices and services on systems that are operational in EFI sites located in different parts of the world.
- The candidate will be responsible for monitoring of servers and services using existing monitoring systems, as well as initial and secondary troubleshooting of OS, databases, applications and backup issues.
- The candidate will be responsible for managing virtual machines under VMware environment and AWS.
- The candidate may be assigned one or more areas of broad responsibility to manage toward objectives. For example, consistent uptime and performance for one or two products, or consistent throughput and completion of backups may be assigned.
- The candidate will be responsible for monitoring and troubleshooting backups, SAN replication, and virtual machine replication, and operations in other public clouds.
- The candidate will follow process and procedures related to routine audits, routine processes and procedures which would be required to keep the environment healthy and running at all times.
- Learn and follow all department standards and procedures.
- Learn, monitor, and contribute to documentation and in the development of tools supporting the environment.
- Work with offshore team to gather requirements, procedures to monitor/manage
- College education or equivalent.
- Must have 4+ years experience managing servers.
- Must have experience with Windows 2008r2, 2012/2016 servers.
- The successful candidate will have solid conceptual or technical understanding of a number of these: Linux, Cisco network device management, VMware ESX and Virtual center, relational databases including MSSQL, Oracle, Progress, and mysql.
- Experience deploying or managing AWS infrastructure is a plus.
- Experience deploying or managing private cloud infrastructure based on OpenStack, OpenNebula or other is a plus.
- Experience managing firewalls and networking equipment is a plus.
- Industry certifications (MCSE, RHCE, CCNA) are encouraged.
- ASP, Perl, VB, Powershell or other scripting/development knowledge is a plus.
We move quickly, with the purposeful intention of solving a problem, accomplishing a goal, and ultimately making a difference for our customers, partners, colleagues and shareholders, EFI SPRINTers take action and adapt to changes in order to transform our customers businesses to be more productive and profitable through innovation in a digital print business.
EFI is an “Affirmative Action/EEO/Protected Veteran/Disabled Employer”