EFI Hardware QA Engineer in Silicon Valley, California
Hardware QA Engineer
Tracking #: 4477
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
WE are Self-starters , WE are Passionate , WE are Relationship builders , WE are Innovative , WE are Nimble , and WE are Transparent …WE are SPRINTers ! We believe in challenging you, then providing you the room and flexibility to deliver.
EFI is looking for a Hardware QA Engineer to join our Fiery Business Unit in our Fremont, CA office.
We are looking for a Hardware QA Engineer with a background in computer hardware architecture and design. The ideal candidate will help isolate hardware and firmware failures in EFI prototype products. This individual will work closely with development and manufacturing teams to verify hardware and firmware design changes. Duties include analyzing new hardware platforms and their associated peripherals, creating and executing hardware test plans, reporting defects to engineers, and tracking defect status, solutions and integration.
• Solid understanding of PC architecture
• Ability to read and understand Hardware Design specifications
• Strong understanding of how the motherboard and BIOS function
• Good knowledge of Computer Architecture in the area of processors, memory, BIOS, PCI-e, USB, and SATA
• Good knowledge of Windows processes, drivers, and troubleshooting
• Experience creating and executing test cases for new feature verification, regression system testing, and defect reporting and tracking
• Experience working in an engineering environment
• Familiarity with Linux is a plus
• Programming and scripting skills are a plus
• Strong cross-functional communication, interpersonal, and team skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to review current processes and recommend process improvements is a plus.
• Detail-focused and able to work with minimal supervision
• Team player willing and able to work simultaneously on multiple products with various levels of complexity
• BS degree in Electrical Engineering, or related field experience combined with 2-3 years of related experience in the field of hardware testing and troubleshooting.
We accelerate the transformation of industries where colorful images matter
EFI is an “Affirmative Action/EEO/Protected Veteran/Disabled Employer”