EFI Technical Writer - New Grads Encouraged To Apply! in Silicon Valley, California
Technical Writer - New Grads Encouraged To Apply!
Tracking #: 4260
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
WE are Self-starters , WE are Passionate , WE are Relationship builders , WE are Innovative , WE are Nimble , and WE are Transparent …WE are SPRINTers ! We believe in challenging you, then providing you the room and flexibility to deliver.
EFI is looking for a Technical Writer to join our Fiery User Assistance Team in our Fremont, CA office. We welcome NEW GRADS!
This team is responsible for developing user guides, service guides, and help systems for our Fiery product line and associated products. As a member of this team you will:
- Plan, organize, develop, and maintain customer-facing documentation.
- Verify content accuracy through hands-on testing.
- Participate in product design and status meetings as a member of agile development teams.
- Take an active role in the definition and evolution of departmental practices and procedures.
- Participate in corporate initiatives.
Qualifications and experience:
- A degree in a related field such as English, Technical Communications, or Computer Science.
- Minimum 2-5 years experience as a technical writer developing software and/or hardware documentation. We will also consider NEW GRADS!
Research, writing, and teamwork skills:
- Excellent research, analysis, and writing skills.
- Proven ability to write conceptual, task-oriented, and reference content.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely using industry-accepted grammar, spelling, and punctuation rules. Familiarity with writing for localization is a plus.
- Ability to work in a collaborative group setting.
- Ability to work independently, as well as with cross-functional teams, including remote team members.
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum teams a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work within tight deadlines and quickly shift focus among multiple projects.
- Excellent verbal communications skills.
Technology and tools:
- Familiarity with XML authoring tools and topic-based information development/DITA concepts highly desired.
- Hands-on experience in working with variables, conditional text, and single-sourcing techniques within an XML environment also highly desired.
- Experience with LiveContent Architect/Trisoft is a plus.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, and FTP clients desired.
- Excellent command of FrameMaker is a plus.
This is an on-site position in our Fremont, CA headquarters.
We move quickly, with the purposeful intention of solving a problem, accomplishing a goal, and ultimately making a difference for our customers, partners, colleagues and shareholders, EFI SPRINTers take action and adapt to changes in order to transform our customers businesses to be more productive and profitable through innovation in a digital print business.
EFI is an “Affirmative Action/EEO/Protected Veteran/Disabled Employer”