EFI Field Service Engineer in Telecommuter, United States
Field Service Engineer
Tracking #: 4356
Location: USA - Telecommuter
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
WE are Self-starters , WE are Passionate , WE are Relationship builders , WE are Innovative , We are Nimble , and WE are Transparent …
WE are SPRINTers ! We believe in challenging you, then providing you the room and flexibility to deliver.
EFI is looking for a Field Service Engineer to join our InkJet Solutions Business Unit in the Portland , OR area.
In this role, you will provide on-site and telephone support, training and repair service for Inkjet customers. Includes installation support, on-site repair and key operator training (maintenance and equipment operations training)
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide on-site setup and installation of all EFI industrial inkjet printers. This includes working with the customer regarding pre-installation requirements as well as assisting the customer in unloading all components for the print system and positioning it in the customer’s facility. Includes un-crating the controller, print heads, remote cabinets, all UV components, checking electrical power and compressed air while working with a Certified Electrician, initial setup and adjustment, and thoroughly testing the printer to ensure the images it prints are up to factory standards.
- Initial and on-going formal customer operator and printer maintenance training. This includes coordination training with Inkjet customer based on customer needs. Customer training also includes assessing customer training needs and making recommendations to EFI| Inkjet customers regarding the need for additional training.
- Provide periodic on-site trouble-shooting and repairs on printers that may be experiencing complex electrical, mechanical or pneumatic problems as directed by Field Service Manager and/or EFI| Inkjet customer support team.
- Provide detailed technical feedback via a EFI|Inkjet Case Management System (CMS) during and after each customer visit following EFI|Inkjet
- Demanding schedule including travel up to 75% of workweek, as well as occasional weekend work to meet customer needs.
- Minimum two year technical degree or equivalent experience in mechanical, digital, and electronic technology
- Minimum two years in field engineering positions servicing complex electro-mechanical devices and high demand customer locations
- Demonstrated customer management skills, strong commitment to customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate ability to independently manage a large service territory (includes effective management of assets i.e. parts, tools, company information)
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems to the component level
- Demonstrated ability to provide telephone technical support and to effectively communicate (telephone and email) with Product Service Engineers (Hardware and Applications)
- Working knowledge of RIPS, color theory, Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems and basic networking protocols
- Working knowledge of materials and chemicals used in the printing industry highly desirable
- In-depth knowledge of personal computers, industrial inkjet printers, large format printers and/or presses and printing applications
- Knowledge of high and low voltage wiring, capability of identifying and qualifying single phase as well as three phase power requirements
- Ability to demonstrate strong mechanical aptitude including using critical alignment tools holding tolerances of .001”
Decision Making Authority
- Multi-Thousand Dollar Part replacement authority
- Service prioritization
- Escalation Authorty to engage multiple levels of support
- Frequently lifting objects up to 70lb.
- Ability to work within tight spaces, crawl on hard concrete floors and physically contort to access components.
We move quickly, with the purposeful intention of solving a problem, accomplishing a goal, and ultimately making a difference for our customers, partners, colleagues and shareholders, EFI SPRINTers take action and adapt to changes in order to transform our customers businesses to be more productive and profitable through innovation in a digital print business.
EFI is an “Affirmative Action/EEO/Protected Veteran/Disabled Employer”