EFI Field Service Engineer (Software) in UK, United Kingdom
Field Service Engineer (Software)
Tracking #: 3566
Location: UK, Malton
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
WE are Self-starters , WE are Passionate , WE are Relationship builders , WE are Innovative , We are Nimble , and WE are Transparent …
WE are SPRINTers ! We believe in challenging you, then providing you the room and flexibility to deliver.
EFI is looking for a Field Service Engineer (Software) to join our EFI Escada Business Unit in the UK.
This is a challenging and rewarding role where approximately up to 50% of your time will be spent on-site with the remainder spent in one of our offices based in Malton, North Yorkshire or Hull, East Yorkshire. We are looking for engineers with a software bias who can configure and set up our dynamic and bespoke control systems and who are confident working on-site, either alone, or within a team. When based in the office you will work as part of the Technical Support department, providing help desk support to a worldwide customer base and creating associated documentation.
This exciting opportunity will see you working as part of a small software engineering team, responsible for the maintenance and delivery of our existing core products into the marketplace. The main function of the role will see you working on projects, assembling software solutions by utilising existing software modules or designing and creating additional software modules. In addition to this, you will modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance. You will also have the chance to work with the Software Development team, developing new products and system enhancements.
You will work on projects both at our headquarters, and also at customer’s sites worldwide. You will be a proactive, self-motivating and approachable member of the team and a good communicator, who is comfortable representing the company face to face with customers.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- B.Sc. or higher in Engineering, Computer Science or related field (or, equivalent work experience)
- Excellent knowledge of C or variants such as C++ or C#
- Solid understanding of software engineering principles, design patterns and best practices
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and willingness to work with the team
- Software Project Management Experience.
- Familiarity with SCADA Control Systems and Programming I/O Devices.
- Full Driving Licence and Current Valid Passport
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or later.
Understanding of Basic Networking Principles.
Experience of Managing Code Using Version Control
- Experience in Database Administration
- Strong Word and Excel skills
- Additional (other than English) language skills
We move quickly, with the purposeful intention of solving a problem, accomplishing a goal, and ultimately making a difference for our customers, partners, colleagues and shareholders, EFI SPRINTers take action and adapt to changes in order to transform our customers businesses to be more productive and profitable through innovation in a digital print business