EFI Suppliers Quality Engineer in Spain
Suppliers Quality Engineer
Tracking #: 4420
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
WE are Self-starters , WE are Passionate , WE are Relationship builders , WE are Innovative , We are Nimble , and WE are Transparent …WE are SPRINTers ! We believe in challenging you, then providing you the room and flexibility to deliver.
EFI is looking for an Supplier Quality Engineer to join our InkJet Solutions Business Unit in our Almazora office in Spain.
Supplier Quality Engineer (SQA) is responsible for coordinating suppliers and verifying quality standards in accordance with the requirements of their organization. They are in charge of performing regular supplier audits to ensure compliance with regulatory standards, as well as actively participating in strategic development based on quality control plans. They manage the supply chain, serve as the liaison for suppliers, suggest structural quality and process improvements, and collaborate with other engineers in a team environment.
Additionally, SQA identify technical problems with suppliers and implement corrective actions. They also increase quality reliability, use their engineering skills to execute tools for calibration systems, and regulate product transition requirements. Another principal tasks for SQEs is to maintain accurate quality records, certifications, and database screens. They also conduct capability assessments that verify supplier qualifications, travel to assigned suppliers, and lead multiple projects to completion
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Carry out supplier validation audits, with supplier and supply chain support.
· Define new supplier manual standards and supplier quality plan.
· Support new product launches to ensure that supplier quality meets the required standards
· Facilitate root cause analysis and corrective actions of supplier quality issues
· Review with RMA coordinator, reliability and KPI´s of components claimed by Warranty.
· Review supplier manufacturing processes, collaborate with suppliers on process improvement and value enhancement opportunities
· Promote the use of customer preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Lean, Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), Measurement System Analysis, and Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
· Support the Quality Manager to monitor and report on supplier product quality and performance
· Participate in cross-functional teams in the development of new products or changes related to current products in meeting customer requirements
· Build and coordinate supplier Parts Per Million (PPM), supplier problem solving on time, cost recovery and supplier warranty indicators
· Lead quality audits
· Produce written reports and make presentations
· Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact
· Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic engineer with a specialization in QA is mandatory. Any course or master oriented to Quality Assurance is desirable.
· Minimum of 3-5 years working as supplier QA area is Mandatory. Previous experience in performing supplier audit / qualifications.
· Microsoft office proficient.
· Yellow or green belt 6 sigma certification is desirable.
· Strong interpersonal skills working with internal customers and external suppliers.
· Ability to communicate complex topics in cross-functional as well as cross-cultural environments.
· Experience successfully managing suppliers relative to in advanced quality planning including strong proficiency with the Advanced Quality Planning and Control Plan, FMEAs, First Article Document and Testing Approval, and Statistical Process Control (SPC) standards.
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, including experience leading teams and preparing & presenting problem solving documents.
· Able to travel domestically and abroad up to 60% of based time.
· Good level of English is a must.
We move quickly, with the purposeful intention of solving a problem, accomplishing a goal, and ultimately making a difference for our customers, partners, colleagues and shareholders, EFI SPRINTers take action and adapt to changes in order to transform our customers businesses to be more productive and profitable through innovation in a digital print business.