EFI Technical Buyer in Spain
Tracking #: 4521
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
WE are Self-starters , WE are Passionate , WE are Relationship builders , WE are Innovative , We are Nimble , and WE are Transparent … WE are SPRINTers ! We believe in challenging you, then providing you the room and flexibility to deliver.
EFI is looking for a Buyer to join our Inkjet Business Unit in our Castellón office.
This position is responsible for procurement of assigned materials and service utilizing the most cost effective use of company funds. Work through supply changes to ensure EFI meets short and long term manufacturing and non-manufacturing goals in terms of cost and delivery schedule.
- Obtains verbal and written price quote from vendors;
- Prepares purchase orders using SAP for the purchase of goods and services;
- Researches and sources engineering defined components globally;
- Tracks and maintains inventory management cost reports;
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations , decrease turnaround time, streamline work processes and work cooperatively with other department to complete the purchasing requisition from order through receiving goods or services;
- Coordinates production schedule changes with the suppliers by negotiating price adjustments for either up or down volume swings.
- Manages key suppliers to ensure adequate capacity and production planning to support EFI;
- Collaborates with Engineering and other groups on NPI and prototype product procurement;
- Processes Engineering changes for purchased components;
- Assist in setting standard costs and maintaining/controlling PPV of assigned commodities in compliance with EFI’s requirement;
- Responsible for change management of suppliers;
- Conducts all business within company policies and procedures including appropriate approvals;
- Negotiations with suppliers regarding price and delivery commitments;
- Maintains professional business relationship with suppliers.
- BA Technical Education or one to three years of purchasing experience;
- Common business practices relating to the purchase, pricing, terms, shipment, taxes, and payment for goods and services;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint;
- Hands on experience with purchasing policies and procedures;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver results;
- Have great oral and written communications kills;
- Ideally experience in a manufacturing or operations/Engineering industry;
- Understand inventory management process;
- Fast learner, flexible to shift between tasks.
We move quickly, with the purposeful intention of solving a problem, accomplishing a goal, and ultimately making a difference for our customers, partners, colleagues and shareholders, EFI SPRINTers take action and adapt to changes in order to transform our customers businesses to be more productive and profitable through innovation in a digital print business.