EFI Chemist in Ypsilanti, Michigan
Tracking #: 4494
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
WE are Self-starters , WE are Passionate , WE are Relationship builders , WE are Innovative , WE are Nimble , and WE are Transparent …WE are SPRINTers ! We believe in challenging you, then providing you the room and flexibility to deliver.
EFI is hiring a Chemist for the Ypsilanti, MI facility.
In this hands-on position you will join the product development team whose aim is to develop ink sets for new or existing inkjet printers. This position will help drive the successful creation of new ink formulations and qualification of the formulations on the printer in question.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare ink formulations aimed at achieving a well-defined set of requirements
- Conduct analytical testing on ink formulations and prints
- Keep complete and accurate records of measures, techniques, and procedures followed or performed
- Work with others within the company to carry out the broad range of tests required to validate formulations.
- Scale up and test formulations, giving support to ongoing activities in product development
- Able to meet deadlines and align with project goals while working under pressure
- Track inventory and support quality control of raw materials
- Report status of work daily to supervisor and on a weekly basis team(s)
- Provide detailed reports in formats such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Responsible for the general upkeep of the lab and maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Observe and maintain compliance with safety and security procedures
- BSc degree inchemistry, polymerscience, or material science or Associates degree inrelated field.
- Demonstrated experience with regards to formulating inks and/or coatings.
- Excellent organizational skills, basic computer skills, and strong communication skills with the ability to work on a cross-functional team.
- Attention to detail and accuracy along with understanding the importance of experimental reproducibility and repeatability
- Strong sense of work ethic with integrity, tenacity, self-motivation, and a high sense of urgency in executing experiments
- Prefer formulations skills in UV based inks and/or coatings
- Ink Jet experience desired but not essential.
We move quickly, with the purposeful intention of solving a problem, accomplishing a goal, and ultimately making a difference for our customers, partners, colleagues and shareholders, EFI SPRINTers take action and adapt to changes in order to transform our customers businesses to be more productive and profitable through innovation in a digital print business.
EFI is an “Affirmative Action/EEO/Protected Veteran/Disabled Employer”