EFI HR Manager in Ypsilanti, Michigan
Tracking #: 4327
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
WE are Self-starters , WE are Passionate , WE are Relationship builders , WE are Innovative , WE are Nimble , and WE are Transparent …WE are SPRINTers ! We believe in challenging you, then providing you the room and flexibility to deliver.
EFI is looking for an HR Manager based in our Ypsilanti, MI location to provide support to our staff in the Inkjet business unit including Ink Manufacturing, Ink R&D, and Engineering.
Principal Duties, Responsibilities and Activities
Deliver HR services to the BU in partnership with the HRBP – Display Graphics:
Provide employees and managers with support and guidance on core HR processes
- Advise on and ensure compliance and consistent application of employment laws and company policies
- Assist managers with requests regarding headcount, labor costs and org structure scenarios if needed
Leads continuous improvement initiatives to ensure services are effectively delivered.
Identifies and recommends process enhancements
- Support company policies and enforces regulatory requirements
Build strong relationships with employees and managers
- Resolve issues between management and employees
- Coach managers through the conflict resolution process.
- Provide input into appropriate metrics and reports around compliance, performance, and data analytics.
- Primary interface to COE, Shared Services, BU HRBP and Non-HR functional departments to appropriately escalate inquiries/concerns.
- Support the deployment of change plans and program implementation, partnering with BU HRBP to determine when standardized versus regional Programs should be applied.
- Implements talent programs around identified needs and gaps. Works with business managers to deploy the talent selection tools to meet unique business requirements.
- Supports the application of strategies to address talent gaps and needs.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Possesses general HR transactional knowledge.
- Understands basic business principles and follows BU and EFI business financials/metrics.
- Understands workforce management principles and trends in their application of HR strategies
- Creates and delivers presentations as needed.
- Promotes an environment of creative thinking and innovation through the partnership and collaboration with the regional HR team.
- Proficient collecting, providing, and interpreting data
Models SPRINT behaviors
- Responsive, prompt and sensitive to others time and priorities
- High integrity, builds and sustains trust
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Gives appropriate, effective feedback and is responsive to receiving feedback
- Conciliation, influences and persuades others
- Conflict resolution: facilitate problem resolution
Takes initiative to address identified challenges
Experience and Education Required to Perform the Job
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Management or other related field; or equivalent experience
3-5 years of progressive experience in Human Resources.
We move quickly, with the purposeful intention of solving a problem, accomplishing a goal, and ultimately making a difference for our customers, partners, colleagues, and shareholders. EFI SPRINTers take action and adapt to changes in order to transform our customers’ businesses to be more productive and profitable through innovative digital imaging technologies.
EFI is an “Affirmative Action/EEO/Protected Veteran/Disabled Employer”