EFI Ink Quality Control Lead Chemist in Ypsilanti, Michigan
Ink Quality Control Lead Chemist
Tracking #: 4588
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
WE are Self-starters , WE are Passionate , WE are Relationship builders , WE are Innovative , WE are Nimble , and WE are Transparent …WE are SPRINTers ! We believe in challenging you, then providing you the room and flexibility to deliver.
EFI is looking for an Ink Quality Lead Chemist based in our Ypsilanti, MI location to support our growing inkjet ink portfolio in manufacturing.This hands-on, working QC Chemist role will oversee and monitor the inspection and testing of EFI ink, coating and raw materials to ensure best-in-class products reach our customers.
Principal Duties, Responsibilities and Activities
- Oversee and monitor the inspection and testing of EFI ink, coating and raw materials to ensure adherence to established quality standards in a fast, accurate manner.
- Supervise the activities and priorities for production processes during manufacturing shifts.
- Take responsibility for proper recording of defined inspection and testing records of ink and coating products as well as raw materials.
- Assist in the communication, investigation and data collection of production productivity issues to assist in developing root cause analysis for implementing corrective actions.
- Assist in the collection, verification and analysis of ink, coating, and raw material data as needed to determine trends and assist in the recommendation of material specifications.
- Take responsibility for ensuring quality equipment maintenance and recordkeeping.
- 2ndshift and/or weekend work will be required.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry preferred, with individuals with proven records in related science and/or engineering fields considered.
- Strong communication skills, including effective oral and written abilities, within various levels of manufacturing management, cross-functional teams (development, supply chain, operations), and well as material suppliers.
- High attention to detail and effective problem-solving skills.
- Proven knowledge and experience in quality systems.
- Two (2) plus years operating in a high-volume, fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point.
We move quickly, with the purposeful intention of solving a problem, accomplishing a goal, and ultimately making a difference for our customers, partners, colleagues, and shareholders. EFI SPRINTers take action and adapt to changes in order to transform our customers’ businesses to be more productive and profitable through innovative digital imaging technologies.
EFI is an “Affirmative Action/EEO/Protected Veteran/Disabled Employer”