EFI Ink Quality Control Supervisor in Ypsilanti, Michigan
Ink Quality Control Supervisor
Tracking #: 4590
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
WE are Self-starters , WE are Passionate , WE are Relationship builders , WE are Innovative , WE are Nimble , and WE are Transparent …WE are SPRINTers ! We believe in challenging you, then providing you the room and flexibility to deliver.
EFI is looking for an Ink Quality Control Supervisor based in our Ypsilanti, MI location to support our growing inkjet ink portfolio in manufacturing.This hands-on, working supervisor role will oversee and monitor the inspection and testing of EFI ink, coating and raw materials to ensure best-in-class products reach our customers.
Principal Duties, Responsibilities and Activities
- Oversee and monitor the inspection and testing of EFI ink, coating and raw materials to ensure adherence to established quality standards in a fast, accurate manner.
- Take responsibility for inspection and testing records of ink and coating products as well as raw materials.
- Investigate any disruptions to productivity and, in conjunction with ink engineering and production teams, develop root cause analysis for implementing corrective actions.
- Determine and instruct clear corrective actions to paths forward for production variance incidents in a timely manner using external resources when needed.
- Track manufacturing defects and develop priorities to correct them based on their impact to quality, cost and improved manufacturing time.
- Independently process and analyze ink, coating, and raw material data as needed to determine trends and assist in the recommendation of material specifications.
- Work across multi-function teams to ensure efficient communication and data transfer of quality information.
- Take responsibility for ensuring quality equipment maintenance and recordkeeping.
- Identify, recommend and refine quality control process enhancements to increase capacity, reduce waste, improve overall quality processes.
- Supervise the activities and growth opportunities for manufacturing quality chemists.
- Some level of night and/or weekend work will be required to ensure production quality processes.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry preferred, with individuals with proven records in related science and/or engineering fields considered.
- Strong communication skills, including effective oral and written abilities, within various levels of manufacturing management, cross-functional teams (development, supply chain, operations), and well as material suppliers.
- Customer first approach in dealing with quality issues and challenges.
- High attention to detail and effective problem-solving skills.
- Proven knowledge and experience in quality systems.
- Three (3) plus years operating in a high-volume, fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point.
- ASQ member/certification, experience with SAP, and/or other related quality systems highly desirable
We move quickly, with the purposeful intention of solving a problem, accomplishing a goal, and ultimately making a difference for our customers, partners, colleagues, and shareholders. EFI SPRINTers take action and adapt to changes in order to transform our customers’ businesses to be more productive and profitable through innovative digital imaging technologies.
EFI is an “Affirmative Action/EEO/Protected Veteran/Disabled Employer”