EFI Temp QC Technician in Ypsilanti, Michigan
Temp QC Technician
Tracking #: 4559
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
Position Type: Temp/Contract
WE are Self-starters , WE are Passionate , WE are Relationship builders , WE are Innovative , We are Nimble , and WE are Transparent …WE are SPRINTers ! We believe in challenging you, then providing you the room and flexibility to deliver.
EFI is looking for a temporary QC Technician to join our growing inkjet manufacturing in our Ypsilanti, MI office. The position will be 1st or 2nd shift work depending on manufacturing schedule, with overtime/weekends as needed.
- Responsible for using test equipment and instrumentation for evaluating UV ink products during the ink manufacturing process; test parameters include: viscosity, surface tension, filtration, velocity, cure and color;
- Reporting data and results in written format as well as in electronic form;
- Calculating and communicating routine batch adjustments, when necessary;
- Routine preventive maintenance and calibration (in-house, or arranging external services) of standard laboratory equipment
- Laboratory housekeeping, record keeping, filing, and storage/disposal of retain samples
- This position requires the use of chemicals, which may contain hazardous materials
- Special projects, as requested.
- Associate’s Degree in Scientific Field, or equivalent
- Attention to detail required
- Proficient with MS Office, Outlook, Word and Excel, required
- Quality Control Laboratory or product testing experience, preferred;
- Working knowledge of basic chemical practices, preferred.
- Ability to work 5am - 1pm or 12pm to 9pm depending on schedule.
Additional Knowledge, Competencies and Skills
- Interest and aptitude in manufacturing processes
- Dependability in dynamic and a fast-paced environment
- Self-initiative for driving continuous improvement
We move quickly, with the purposeful intention of solving a problem, accomplishing a goal, and ultimately making a difference for our customers, partners, colleagues and shareholders, EFI SPRINTers take action and adapt to changes in order to transform our customers businesses to be more productive and profitable through innovation in a digital print business.
EFI is an “Affirmative Action/EEO/Protected Veteran/Disabled Employer”